This guide covers a workstation installation, where the SigmaNEST program is installed, but some of its components are located on a network computer.
What is a workstation?
A SigmaNEST workstation is a computer where SigmaNEST is installed, but the SQL Server and SNData folder are hosted elsewhere (in a central location). If your SQL Server and SNData folder are located on a network computer or drive, you are using a workstation.
Before installing on a workstation
Before installing SigmaNEST on a workstation, you must set up the server on another computer. See Install a SigmaNEST server for more information.
Download and open the installer
- Visit the SigmaTEK Connect site to download the most recent version of SigmaNEST.
Click the download link for the most recent Complete Image.
Note: The complete image, while large, contains additional assets that SigmaNEST may require during installation
- After the download has finished, double-click SNStartUp.exe.
Click SigmaNEST > SigmaNEST.
Tip: For other installation types, such as Companion or Cut-to-Length, hover over Modules then select an install type.
- Select your Language.
- Read the terms of the License Agreement, then accept it and click Next.
Select the Start Menu Group name for your install. Then click Next.
Tip: This name also determines which folder SigmaNEST will be installed in.
Choose whether to install SigmaNEST as a 32-bit or 64-bit program. If your operating system and post processor(s) are 64-bit compatible, select 64-bit, acknowledge the warning, and click OK. Otherwise, select 32-bit. Then click Next.
Note: All new and recently updated posts are 64-bit compatible. If you are not sure if you have a 64-bit post, please contact SigmaTEK Support for assistance before continuing.
Tip: The 64-bit version allows SigmaNEST to use as much RAM as you have available.
- Clear the SQL Server and Create Database check boxes, then click Next (the SQL Server and databases are installed on the server, not on the workstation).
- Clear SNData folder check box, but do not click Next yet.
Enter the network path to the SNData folder. This should match the path you entered during the server installation. Click Next.
Note: This pre-sets the path in the .ini files so that new configurations don't need to be re-pathed.
- Click Next to begin the installation.
- During installation, if the database installer opens, close it. You don't need to install a database on the workstation.
Click Finish to close the installer.
Note: When you open SigmaNEST for the first time, you will be prompted to connect to a database. Click Connect and select the database from the server install.