This guide covers a single system installation, where SigmaNEST and all of its components are installed on a single computer.
What is a single system setup?
A single system is a standalone computer that hosts all SigmaNEST assets, including the SigmaNEST program, the SQL Server, and the SNData folder. If you are running SigmaNEST on a standalone computer, you are using a single system.
Download and open the installer
- Visit the SigmaTEK Connect site to download the most recent version of SigmaNEST.
Click the download link for the most recent Complete Image. Beginning with SigmaNEST X1.6, the complete image is labeled All Products.
Note: The complete image, while large, contains additional assets that SigmaNEST may require during installation
- After the download has finished, double-click SNStartUp.exe.
Click SigmaNEST > SigmaNEST.
Tip: For other installation types, hover over the specific product then select an installation type.
- Select your Language.
- Read the terms of the License Agreement, then accept it and click Next.
Select the Start Menu Group name for your install. Then click Next.
Tip: This name also determines which folder SigmaNEST will be installed in.
Choose whether to install SigmaNEST as a 32-bit or 64-bit program. If your operating system and post processor(s) are 64-bit compatible, select 64-bit, acknowledge the warning, and click OK. Otherwise, select 32-bit. Then click Next.
Note: All new and recently updated posts are 64-bit compatible. If you are not sure if you have a 64-bit post, please contact SigmaTEK Support for assistance before continuing.
Tip: The 64-bit version allows SigmaNEST to use as much RAM as you have available, so you should select it if you have a 64-bit operating system.
- Select the Install SQL Server and Create Database check boxes, then click Next.
- Select the SNData Folder check box, then choose where you want the SNData folder to be located. Click Next.
- Click Next to begin the installation.
- When the database installer opens, use the instructions below to create or upgrade a database.
Click Finish to close the installer.
Note: When you open SigmaNEST for the first time, you will be prompted to connect to a database. Click Connect and select the database you created/upgraded.
Create or upgrade a database
- During installation, the database installer will open. When it does, review the information provided, then click Next.
Select your SQL Server and enter your login credentials.
Note: If no SQL servers appear, you may need to enter your security information first. If you are logged into the same Windows account (and computer) that originally created the SQL Server, you can Use Windows Security instead of entering a login and password.
- (Existing database only) After you connect to the server, any existing SigmaNEST databases will populate the grid below. Select one (or more) databases to upgrade.
(New database only) Select the units you are planning to use, then click New Database. Enter a unique name and click OK. The database is added to the grid.
- Click Create/Upgrade Selected DBs.
- When the utility is finished, click Close. Then click Finish to exit the installer.