SigmaTEK uses Google Analytics to improve user experience and direct documentation efforts.
What we collect
Google Analytics tracks usage information, such as pages viewed, length of time spent on each page, search terms, and general global location.
- We do not collect personally identifiable information.
- We do not track behavior via user accounts, IDs, or any other identifiers (including pseudonymous identifiers).
- We aggregate all usage information.
- We do not sell or distribute any information to partners or third parties.
Why we collect it
We collect this information solely for the purpose of improving our documentation and software.
- Features that are searched often might be difficult to use, so we talk to our development team and ask them to take a second look.
- Page views and search trends help us create new content that meets your needs, rather than blindly guessing at what might be helpful.
- Global trends help us evaluate our translation priorities and policies.
Where it's stored
Aggregated usage data is stored in Google Analytics only (we do not maintain a separate database of collected information).
How long it's stored
We retain usage data for 26 months, so that we can view and analyze trends and patterns over time.
Our promise to you
We value your privacy, which is why all information we collect is aggregated and not tied to you. Our promise to you is that all collected information will only be used to improve your experience with our software, and will not be used in any way that could violate your privacy or trust.
Have questions or concerns? Please reach out to the Documentation team (not the Support team) at firstname.lastname@example.org.