New Release: Jobs Module
The new Jobs module is a complete quoting solution that enhances previous SigmaNEST functionality. Features include:
- Ability to quote everything your shop has to offer, including parts, assemblies, stock, services, and more
- Complete control over process plans, templates, and costs
- Advanced costing models to fit your company's pricing structure
- Support for multiple currencies, markups, shipping costs, and tax rates
Full integration with SigmaMXP and other SigmaTEK products
The new Jobs module is a complete replacement for the SigmaNEST Quoting module, meaning that it is a free upgrade for customers who own the Quoting module and have a current maintenance subscription.
The Info Manager and Quote View are still available and can be enabled through the Configuration, but will be removed entirely in a future release.
New Release: 3D Cut-to-Length Module
The new Cut-to-Length (CTL) module is now available through the SigmaNEST SX interface. Features include:
- 3D interactive interface
- Bundle nesting for round and rectangular tubes and pipes
Complete profile, part, and stock libraries
New Release: Shop Floor Data Capture Web App
Shop Floor Data Capture (SFDC) is now available as a web service, making it easily accessible from any platform (Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, or Android).New Release: Shop Floor Data Capture Web App
The SFDC web app is available as a free update for SFDC customers with a current maintenance subscription. Use the SigmaNEST X1.6 installer to get started or contact SigmaTEK Support for assistance.
Updated Pattern Nesting
Pattern nesting has been significantly enhanced, making it easy for you to nest and cut parts on patterned stock.
- Patterns are stored in DXFs that can be associated with a specific material and dimensions in the Technology Setup
- When auto nesting, SigmaNEST automatically matches up the part and stock patterns
When manual nesting, you can turn on Bump to match up the part and stock patterns
Updated Shear and Strip Nesting
The Shear nesting algorithm is now (on average) 2% more efficient. Also, the label for Strategy has been changed to Blade Direction, with 1 = vertical, 5 = horizontal, and 3 = a mix of the two.
For Strip nesting, the label for Strategy has been changed to Strip Direction, with 1 = vertical, 5 = horizontal, and 3 = a mix of the two.
New Import Features
- The OnShape import module now supports bendline detection. You can enable this option on the SolidCAD Desktop during import.
- For DWG import, you can now enable XData String Tags to map contour-level XData to SigmaNEST part data fields.
- String Tag Mapping now supports mapping to Part Data fields that you have set up as fixed lists. For example, if you have set up PartData1 to have fixed "Yes" and "No" options, you can now map string tags to these fields.
- During 3D import, you can now expand and collapse the Settings section, making it easy to view long part lists.
New Punch/Profile Features
- Nibble Entity now intelligently distinguishes between tooled and untooled edges, making it easier, faster, and more efficient.
Previously, the No Outside Sheet Tooling option (located in the Punch Parameters) prevented punch hits from being placed outside sheet boundaries.
Now, you can also enter an Edge Proximity Tolerance value to prevent punch hits from being placed too close to the edge of the sheet.
- In Part Mode, the Apply to Same function can now filter out contours that aren't similar or of the same rotation.
- SigmaNEST now offers enhanced support for automated part removal systems where sorting and stacking is managed at the machine or cell controller.
- You can now save your settings as default in the Cut Scrap Options dialog.
When creating a Pack and Send, clicking Create New Configuration Package now exports databases, current workspace, INI files, and post processor files.
If you want to choose additional data to include in the Pack and Send, click the arrow next to Create New Configuration Package and select Advanced Configuration Packages.
- The Filter module now offers better support for arcs.