Version 20 of the SigmaTEK suite of software applications includes a variety of new products and modules, as well as improvements to existing applications. To learn more about a feature or product mentioned here, contact a sales representative, or visit the SigmaTEK website to schedule a demo.
(Downloadable PDFs of this article and translated versions are available below.)
New SigmaTEK Launcher
The new SigmaTEK Launcher provides a common, customizable desktop platform from which users can easily access all installed SigmaTEK products. It also includes shortcuts to the license manager, database utilities, and help resources. You also can view social media updates about releases, trade shows, and webinars.
SigmaNEST 20 Features
The powerful HD SuperNest nesting engine continuously nests and re-nests parts until it finds the optimal yield within a set time interval. Version 20 includes support for nesting by part priority, nesting of filler parts, and nesting of “mini sheets” (MiniNests).
- Importing 3D CAD files is faster and easier with the new CADImport Plus module. It does not require a local CAD installation or license to import a variety of file formats, including SOLIDWORKS, Solid Edge, Creo, Inventor, and NX. (Future versions will add support for other CAD formats and versions.) CADImport Plus is ideal for users who routinely work with multiple CAD formats, or those who work with 3D parts or assemblies that are “ready to manufacture” and do not require complex configurations or filtering.
- SigmaNEST 20 adds feature recognition (drilling, partial-depth pockets, bevel) for STEP files. In addition to geometry, features and part information are automatically mapped during import of the STEP part or assembly.
- SigmaNEST users who integrate with SigmaMRP now can automatically create a bill of materials (BOM) while importing an NX assembly. This option previously was available only for SOLIDWORKS files.
SigmaNEST 20 adds innovative bevel capabilities, including 3D viewing, advanced toolpath generation, and rule-based corner transitioning. Users now can import part files with complex bevels and apply NC directly to the 3D model in an interactive 3D viewer to ensure a safe and accurate toolpath. A new Transition Manager allows users to easily set in-depth rules for transition loops and leadins. 3D simulation of the toolpath for both parts and nests allows for better program verification.
- Users of machines with multiple load pins can customize sheet loading and unloading positions in Version 20.
- Laser precutting is now an option for creating complex threaded holes on combination machines. Users set the hole type as laser, and define other operations like punching and tapping. SigmaNEST’s Auto NC feature applies the laser cut, then the punch hit, and then the tapping on the hole. The Tool Viewer shows detailed tool usage.
- New algorithms reduce the size of saved workspace files.
- Eighty new batch commands focused on punch and combination machine processes allow users to automate more than ever before.
- Using the raw edge of a sheet as the part edge is easier with greatly improved height detection and probe cycles near the sheet edge.
- Version 20 also offers expanded support for the TRUMPF TruMatic 1000 Fiber punch laser machine, including full support of the punch ejector tool for sorting.
SigmaQUOTE is a new, integrated job quoting tool that replaces SigmaNEST’s previous Jobs module. It is powered by SigmaMRP, so it leverages this product’s robust quoting functionality, allowing users to manage companies and contacts, generate quotes for new jobs, and turn quotes into work orders for production in SigmaNEST.
The SigmaTEK 3D Product Suite
We have added to and improved our suite of integrated CAD/CAM solutions that support tube, bar stock, 3D models, and sheet metal forming. The SigmaTEK 3D suite makes use of a common workspace interface that supports a variety of shared features and functions, allowing for seamless integration with SigmaNEST.
- SigmaDEVELOP allows users to create 3D parts based on a wide variety of standard ducting and HVAC shapes stored in a Shape Library that includes more than 30 new shapes. It also now is possible to convert multi-piece common line gores into a single no-kerf, common line part.
- SigmaUNFOLD flattens the 3D patterns and allows them to be manipulated for cutting and bending operations. An automatic slit-creation option adds a slit to an otherwise solid part so it can be unfolded into a flat pattern that can be processed on cutting or press brake machines.
- SigmaBEND uses 3D simulation to help users optimize press brake processes. Version 20 includes a unique new UI element: radial menu shortcuts for editing the tool stations, backgauges, and the part itself, as well as improved sequencing and backgauge options. A new manual station-generation tool allows for easy manual tooling setup.
- SigmaCTL is designed to create cut-to-length parts and nest them onto pipes, beams, and tubes for optimal material usage during cutting. It automatically recognizes features on imported 3D models, and responds to batch commands for automating stock and parts list. Cut time estimations are now available as well.
- SigmaDSTV is designed to create NC1 files that can be used in SigmaNEST.
- SigmaTUBE generates nests and NC code for tube and pipe cutting on laser and plasma machines, now including CypTube and ProTube machines. It combines intelligent feature recognition, automatic toolpath generation, and versatile automatic nesting engines. SigmaTUBE also offers four-axis compensation for non-bevel-capable machines and five-axis support for bevel machines. Advanced NC capabilities include common line cutting and quality control. Auto Task groups like profiles automatically.
SigmaDSTV SW and SigmaTUBE SW both integrate with SOLIDWORKS. SigmaDSTV SW creates NC1 files from native SOLIDWORKS models, automatically detecting markings and features before exporting the files into SigmaNEST. Version 20 of SigmaTUBE SW includes support for new inventory profiles, and tab and notch enhancements.
Enhanced Shopfloor Solutions
- Color Offload uses color-coding to track parts by next operation. New in Version 20 is the ability to filter by program status as well as document management capability.
- Load Manager easily schedules SigmaNEST programs for the shop floor. Programs can be sorted, grouped, or filtered in Load Manager, and then manually or automatically assigned to available time slots. The easy-to-use interface allows users to drag and drop programs between compatible machines or assign all programs with one click of the Auto Assign All feature.
- Shop Floor Data Capture controls shopfloor operations, including remnant creation and booking back to inventory. Version 20 also allows users to divide a single sheet into two smaller sheets.
- SigmaPACK helps with shopfloor management by giving users total control over part bundling, packaging, labeling, and job tracking.
- SigmaLIFT further simplifies logistics, allowing users to easily manage the movement of stock throughout their operations.
Enhanced Business Systems Solutions
- SigmaMRP is SigmaTEK’s complete manufacturing resource planning system, and it is fully integrated with all products in the SigmaTEK suite. It manages critical job data through every stage of production, including inventory, quotation, work order, manufacturing, delivery, and invoicing.
- SimTrans transaction manager links SigmaNEST with other business systems. Users can leverage SimTrans automation to create or load parts, manipulate orders, or update inventory in real time. Version 20 adds new transactions for managing jobs, and provides the ability to receive email notifications for regular status updates or invalid parts.